Trove Tuesday: Wedding Flowers

I have been so pre-occupied with wedding plans, I've barely had time to do any family history related research, so I thought I would share some of the wedding articles I've been reading on Trove (again)!

The following pages about Wedding Flowers are from a special Bridal Supplement from an October 1953 edition of the Australian Women's Weekly. 

It is amazing how fashions repeat themselves, especially with something like weddings. Many of the dresses pictured in this same supplement are back in fashion now, and not unlike the dress I have chosen to wear on my big day!

Now, the reason I'm sharing the Wedding Flowers pages is because I'm contemplating what I *really* want and what I really don't need... (wedding) flowers are EXPENSIVE. Over $1,000 for a bouquet for me and three bridesmaids and the buttonholes. Insane. I'm not going to spend that much. I may end up at the markets instead and do my own (oh, the horror - when my Mum reads this she is going to call me and say NO WAY to that idea because she knows who will end up having to rescue me from my own DIY disaster).

Luckily, I'm saving money by trawling through Trove for wedding ideas, instead of spending $20 a pop on wedding magazines. Each magazine I don't buy is one more rose for my bouquet...


1953 'Wedding Flowers.', The Australian Women's Weekly(1933 - 1982), 28 October, p. 18, viewed 26 November, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article47399971
1953 'Wedding Flowers.', The Australian Women's Weekly(1933 - 1982), 28 October, p. 19, viewed 26 November, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article47399971


Labels: , ,