|Kirkcudbright Parish Church - photography by Chris Newman [CC-BY-SA-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons|
1. McKeand, Elizabeth Margaret Buchanan was born on 7 December 1894 at 122 High Street, Kirkcudbright. She married Henry (Harry) Mitchell, son of Hugh Mitchell and Marion Glass Wilson, on 31 December 1914 at 5 Huntley Terrace, Shettleston, Lanarkshire. She died on 16 July 1959 at 61 Cumbernauld Road, Glasgow.
2. John McKeand was born on 23 January 1870 in High Street, Kirkcudbright. He married Janet McKeachie, daughter of William Kauchie or McKeachie and Elisabeth Hiddelstone, on 17 November 1892 at the Millhouse, Kirkcudbright. He died on 17 April 1902 at 1 Drumother Mansions, Tollcross, Lanarkshire.
3. Janet McKeachie was born on 30 July 1866 at the Kirkchrist Cothouse in Twynholm, in the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright. She married (1) John McKeand, son of Samuel McKeand and Margaret Buchanan, on 17 November 1892 at the Millhouse, Kirkcudbright. She married (2) John Hamilton, son of James Hamilton and Catherine Ferguson, on 29 September 1905 in the Dalmarnock Parish Church, Glasgow. She died on 13 September 1913 at 110 Main Street, Shettleston, Lanarkshire.
4. Samuel McKeand was born on 12 July 1834 in Little Torhouse, Wigtown. He married Margaret Buchanan, daughter of John Buchanan and Janet Roy or Milroy, on 5 January 1855 in Kirkcudbright. He died on 15 May 1885 in Kirkcudbright.
5. Margaret Buchanan was born on 17 November 1835 in Kirkcudbright. She married Samuel McKeand, son of Samuel McKeand and Agnes Hannay, on 5 January 1855 in Kirkcudbright. She died on 14 August 1897 in Atkinson Place, Kirkcudbright.
6. William McKeachie or Kauchie was born about 1826 in Kirkcudbrightshire. He married Elisabeth Hiddelstone in 1848 in Closeburn, Dumfriesshire. He died on 7 December 1909 in St Cuthbert Street, Kirkcudbright.
7. Elisabeth Hiddelstone was born about 1825 in Closeburn, Drumfriesshire. She married William McKeachie or Kauchie in 1848 in Closeburn, Dumfriesshire. She died between 1891-1901.
This is a post for the April A-Z Challenge. This Challenge will cover each letter of the alphabet, one per day (except Sundays) for the month of April. I didn't register my blog with the organisers, but I'm going to follow along anyway. You can too! See www.a-zchallenge.com for more information.