Trove Tuesday: Of Interest to Women

1930 '[No heading].', Chronicle (Adelaide, SA : 1895 - 1954), 2 January, p. 58, viewed 30 April, 2013, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-page8826592
I love browsing through the newspapers on Trove, seeing what I can find to read on a coffee break from research, and today I found this sweet little collection of things "Of Interest to Women". And talking of careers for women, particularly country girls moving to the city, the author writes "some day we shall all be keeping pet Angora rabbits in the backyard or skinning the goldfish for shoulder posies, but until then I admit it is a problem." [What on earth are shoulder posies and why would we skin goldfish for them?]

Oh, how things have changed since 1930!

However, I do keep an adorable Cashmere house rabbit ... who runs our lives. He even has his own Facebook page.

HRH Mufasa, the Sultan of Kashmir (aka Sultan) - hanging out on my desk at work for Easter.



Labels: